How brand design can help you achieve your 2023 business goalsFebruary 01 2023
Brand design can MAKE (or break) your marketing. Here’s 4 ways that it can help you smash your business goals this year.
So you’ve reflected on 2022, rested and recharged over the festive season and you’ve set your goals for the year ahead. Perhaps something didn’t work out as planned last year that you want to approach differently (that’s a yes from me!), or you have big ambitions for 2023.
A rebrand or brand refresh may be just the thing to help you reach your goals. Here’s why:
1. It allows you to differentiate from your competition
Perhaps one of your goals for 2023 is to differentiate your business more from your competitors/industry? I suspect this is so that:
- People can easily find you and quickly see if you’re for them or not.
- You can position yourself as different from the rest.
- Consumers stop confusing you with your competition or deciding based on price only.
If your customers are deciding based on price only, then they aren’t noticing allll the other value you’re bringing to the table.
How branding can help
- You will stand out visually and convey a feeling that you want associated with your business (trust, fun, humour, hope).
- Strategically choose unique logo design, colours, fonts that aren’t the norm in your industry.
- Consumers can see what you stand for and value that more than $.
Should I invest in a rebrand?
- Your competition looks similar AND they are same price or less than you (this means you’re probably losing sales).
- You can afford to spend a little on branding now to reap better returns on every bit of marketing to come!
As a starting point, it’s important to find out why you have this as a goal. The more you understand, the more powerful your conviction to make it real!
2. It helps you to make a bigger impact
So you want to have a bigger, more positive impact on the world this year - that’s great!
How branding can help
Branding will help you do this IF:
- You’ve got a clear idea of who you are as a business and the impact you want to make – and still have a way to go to get there. The more specific the purpose, message and audience, the better!
- You walk the talk and can back up any ethical/sustainability claims.
Consumers are getting smarter (and more cynical) and just want brands to be transparent. If you have dreams of being fully sustainable, but aren’t there yet, take your audience on a journey and brand accordingly.
I have many more thoughts on this and feel a long ranty blog post brewing in the background! More to come.
3. It reflects the quality of your business, product or service
Are your customers ever amazed at the quality of your work and the results you get for them? Almost as if they didn’t expect it??
- You’re great at what you do! Yay!
- Your branding doesn’t reflect just how good you are.
- You could be charging higher prices, if your branding ‘looked’ like the right fit for your amazing work.
- You may be wasting lots of time convincing people to pay your premium prices, because the branding doesn’t feel as premium as your service/product.
Do any of these ring a bell? Then you have a HUGE opportunity waiting for you!
Part of the branding process is diving deep into these kinds of conversations to work out where the opportunity is. My job is to then figure out how to creatively and efficiently bring it to life.
4. Effective brand design = better brand engagement
What does brand engagement mean exactly? Basically, interactions. You’re reading this? That means you’re interacting with Design Salad!
The more comments, questions, enquiries, phone calls, replies to emails and competition entries your business receives, the more sales you’re likely to make.
Great brand engagement is more people excited about what you do, what you’re going to do next, and waiting to hear from you.
How branding can help
- It shows off your personality visually so people can see and feel the wonderful human behind the business.
- It appeals to people’s need for connection and to make the ‘right’ choice for them. Visual design can help your customers feel understood and validated.
- If you have fun with your branding and messaging and communication, people will want to have fun WITH you!!
- ALSO if you enjoy showing your unique personality, visually and through text, you’ll show up more = more opportunities for your audience to engage!
Questions to ask yourself
- Does your branding and visual design stop scrolls?
- Do you get repeat, loyal customers?
- Do people feel an emotional response when they experience your work that has them coming back for more?
- Do you show your true personality and enjoy putting yourself out there?
Take some time to think about if your branding is WORKING for you and doing some of the heavy lifting in your business.
If you’re curious about the branding process and you’re ready to expand and grow in 2023, get in touch.
Candice is the founder of Design Salad, a strategy loving design studio helping climate-consious women business owners shine brighter than ever before.
Design Salad specialises in thoughtful brand strategy and unique brand identities infused with artistry.
You might also like..
Branding and marketing in a downturn
There’s no ignoring the fact that people and businesses are starting to struggle with the increase in interest rates. Is it bringing back C*vid small business heeby-jeebies? In this economic climate many small businesses pull back on everything; you go into...
5 burnout recovery strategies for business owners
Dealing with burnout? You’re not alone. Here’s 5 burnout recovery strategies that helped me love Monday mornings again. 6 months after launching my business in 2016, I completely burnt out. The only work that looked good was working in an admin job with zero...