Do you *really* have a branding problem?January 31 2024
Or are you procrasti-branding to avoid doing other essential tasks that will drive better results?
I’ve been talking to business owners about what they hope to get out of this year, from branding and the problems they need to solve.
Last week I had a discovery call with someone who had recently spent a lot of $$$ on a new website and brand with someone else, but sales had been very slow. Both of these were completed without any brand strategy work. My mind was blown.
After hearing her story, the call ended with me suggesting the business owner doesn’t do a rebrand. It was too soon after launching in September 2023, and not enough sales/customer data to ensure a good return on investment (this time!).
My thinking was to maximise the value out of every cent, while still ensuring she gets clarity on the steps going forward.
It might be helpful to know about problems that branding CAN and CAN’T help you solve.
- Inconsistent look and feel across website, socials, emails, products, service biz documents.
- You have enquiries coming in, but struggle to convert or their budgets are *often* too low.
- Not enough sales. Current customers don’t seem particularly excited or connected with the business.
- No one has commented on your branding. Your ideal audience will occasionally go out of their way to say they love how your business looks.
- You’re working *hard* to convince people of the value of your product or service.
You’re not even sure of *why* customers should choose you over a competitor, let alone tell others about it.
- You hesitate when people ask for your socials/biz card because you’re not confident in your business and how it comes across.
PROBLEMS BRANDING CAN’T SOLVE
- A recently launched business with a ‘decent’ brand struggling to sell anything (marketing).
- Getting traffic to your website (SEO and marketing).
- Educating your audience so they understand why you’re worth it (marketing + copywriting).
- Profitability! Yes branding can increase sales, but sales alone won’t solve costing issues behind the scenes.
- Converting website traffic into sales. Branding can help, but not on its own (web design/user experience/copywriting).
1. Spend time reflecting on your biggest business hurdles
2. Write down the top 3
3. Look over the lists above and find the closest matches
4. Branding problems? Send me an email and let’s chat
5. Not branding problems? Get in touch and I can refer you to my trusted network of marketers, copywriters and SEO/website whizz’s.
If you really *do* have a branding problem, get in touch
Candice is the founder of Design Salad, a strategy loving design studio helping climate-consious women business owners shine brighter than ever before.
Design Salad specialises in thoughtful brand strategy and unique brand identities infused with artistry.
You might also like..
Unlike other brand designers, I’m a self-taught designer who originally trained as an artist. Every day, I utilise skills from my art background that help my clients connect on a deeper level with their audience to build trust and, ultimately, revenue. One of the most...
Branding is only as effective as the research behind it. And this is one of the key difference between my branding packages. The more time spent on competition research and strategy, the better the results you’ll see in your business. A lot of my clients are proud of...